Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Lenbachhaus

A few weeks back I spent a Sunday exploring the Lenbachhaus museum with another au pair friend. Sundays are 1 euro museum days, and I love a good museum. My host mom had expressed that Lenbachhaus was her favorite in the city and had just reopened earlier last year after four or so years of renovation. She loves Modernist work (as made clear by our home's every detail) and Lenbach has a large exhibition of Der Blau Reiter.

Let me just say, Lenbachhaus was well worth a visit. We only spent three or four hours there but even as I was leaving I was eager for my next trip. I barely covered half of the museum in that amount of time. The works vary from German landscape and portrait artists to international modernist artists. 

Museum Sundays are my favorite ritual here. I have only been twice but I need to step up my cultural game and spend that 1 euro entrance fee a little more often. 































No comments:

Post a Comment