Pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

A Belated 22nd Birthday

I have a summer birthday, so this isn't really a celebration but is more of a chance to share some photos of home. My birthday was quite mellow this past summer - I spent the day eating and drinking for the most part. My best friend Tiff took me to The Beachcomber in Crystal Cove for lunch and drinks. It was overcast but sticky warm, a fine summer day. We then adventured into Newport Harbor's back bay where I sampled s.u.p. for the first time and it was so fun! I want to try and find a reasonably priced rental place here in Germany this summer.

The stand up paddling was followed by an unhealthy portion of Sprinkles red velvet cupcake ice cream. Hello diabetes. That evening I went to Las Brisas in Laguna with Kara, Phoebe and my dad. The food was phenomenal; a delicious combination of my favorites, seafood and Mexican. Plus white wine, my vice (and chocolate of course). I was blessed with the most spectacular orangey pink sunset from the overcast humidity of the day. 

I usually have low expectations for my birthday, but this one in particular just oozed everything I love about life, summer and Southern California. 































No comments:

Post a Comment