Pages

Friday, November 29, 2013

Setting Sail From Los Alamitos

It's cold here. Snow has fallen and stuck, Christmas markets start this weekend, and I'm being selective about when I actually want to leave the house to venture into the frozen air. It is setting in (not all the way yet) that my next 3 or so months will be the same as far as weather goes. Cold, gray, icy, gray, did I mention cold?

Accepting the onset of Winter has been annoying this week, so I decided it was time to share some sailing photos from a trip at home this summer. It makes me happy to remember the sail and how we were blessed with great winds, relatively warm air and clear visibility. I messed around with my camera for some of the time, but we also had a usual dolphin pod sighting. Jenn was pretty excited about the dolphins since she hadn't seen so many up close like that before. Ugh just writing about this makes me long for summer again. Only..... 6 more months. Boo.

Today is Thanksgiving in the U.S.! Happy Thanksgiving family! I wish I were home to spend crazy dysfunctional times with the whole clan, but I'm there in spirit - and I'm super busy preparing for Tacosgiving this evening. Some expatriate friends and I are making Carnitas tacos, corn, black beans, chips and salsa, and of course margaritas. I spent the better part of my day making roasted tomato and chili salsa alongside a roasted bell pepper and corn guacamole. YUM. It was weird searching for all of the ingredients here, since most of it was a little harder to find quality versions of. The limes and avocados here make me sad. Anyways, it turned out delicious and I can't wait to put it all together tonight! I'm making the margaritas as well, I bought some agave and I'm trying out fresh lime, agave syrup and Silver tequila margaritas on the rocks. I'll report back. Stay tuned for some photos of Tacosgiving and maybe I should include the recipes for what we made? It might make sense. Until then enjoy these photos of happiness on the Pacific. Bis bald!
















No comments:

Post a Comment