Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Grüß Gott

I had no car today, so the kids and I walked to the Kindergarten. It's only about 20 minutes with two kids in the Kinderwagen (stroller) and one on the buggy board hooked behind it. I took the opportunity to walk the long way home through our neighborhood in Solln, and as before, I am just so pleased at how gorgeous this little part of Munich is. It has a cozy, small town feel even though we are within the Munich city limits.

We have our own little fruit stand and bakery 4 blocks from our house. Everyone rides their bike places (that's a Munich thing in general). The Kindergartens are small and intimate. They are often in older, traditional looking German homes. Most people greet one another every morning with "Grüß Gott". This greeting is Bavarian for "God greets you" but I have been given the impression that it is just said as a colloquial form of "good day". Overall, people are just friendly. 

For the rest of my free time before the 3:30 pick up, I lounged. Seriously guys, I pretty much did nothing all day. I think I consumed 8 cups of tea. I also accidentally took a coma mid morning when I meant to take a quick nap. No regrets here though, this cool and gray weather just makes me sleepy. 

Here are some snaps of life lately on my iphone:




^^is there anything cuter than children in trachten? the answer is no.^^


^^while I'm sad to see Oktoberfest go, my body needs a break.^^


^^the Kindergarten was closed last Friday so we did a lotttt of water coloring.^^


^^lounging while the kinder made cakes in the sand.^^


^^our small and local grocery store.^^


^^one of three fruit stands in the center of Solln, with our church and tower behind it.^^


^^I can't take any Southern Californian 'fall' pictures seriously now.^^


^^I love muesli, but this protein-loaded breakfast was awesome yesterday.^^


^^it is getting a little colder each day, and he is not too pleased. sleepy little man.^^


^^I found our neighborhood firehouse, too cute!^^


^^I dig the white house with red shutters, this look is really popular in Germany.^^


No comments:

Post a Comment